Featured Resolved
2.2
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Aug 11

Asics in USA send me a new pair of shoes. Same model and color. I requested a new pair of the same model and did not ask for money in replacement.

Update by user Aug 11

After I contacted Asics USA they decided to send me a new pair of shoes.The same model and color.

I needed to have an address in the USA because Asics couldn't ship replacement overseas.

Luckily I have an co address in USA and the replacement is on its way.Magnus

Original review posted by user Jun 14

I bought a pair of new Asics GT2000-5 in NY at NY running company when I was on holiday.Just after 20-25 miles of jogging the heel on the shoe was damaged on both shoes.

I have used Asics all my life and have 3 pairs of previous model of GT2000. The Asics GT2000-4 I bought last year I still use and had no problem whatsoever. Back home in Sweden where I live I contacted a retail dealer of Asics running shoes and they advised me to contact the head office of Asics in Sweden. When I contacted the head office in Sweden they was not at all service minded, and I did not get any help at all since I bought the shoes abroad.

As you can see on the pictures the shoes are not worn out and not used very much.I know Asics had some problems with poor quality a couple of years back but managed to get rid of the poor quality issues but it seems they are back with poor quality again unfortunately.

Review about: Asics Gt 2000 5 Sneakers.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Gt 2000.

I didn't like: Quality, Impossibility to return defected shoes, Poor quality and the fact that after a month.

Had an Experience with Asics?

Comments

My Asics GT2000 3 failed in exactly the same way - coloured green. Ive got a black pair too and they've had no problems - definite manufacturing fault.

pange
to eggy #1359253

Hello Eggy.

I had a pair of Asics GT-2000 3 also and they failed same way too.I then bought Asics GT-2000 4 2 years ago and they haven't failed at all.

I've been using them a lot.

Seems like the manufacturing issues Asics had before came back.I've spoken to a few people and they said there used to be a problem with the quality and they changed shoes several times before getting fed up and bought different models or different brands.

Vancouver, Washington, United States #1341172

This is the same issue that I've had with two other pairs of Asics, although mine is a little further down in the heel.This has happened in (only those two pairs) in less than four months, and under ninety miles on each pair.

I'm not a hard core runner.

That being said, Asics has endeavored to satisfy my issue, and I'm quite happy with the resolution.

to IRISH JAY Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden #1341545

Was it the same model GT2000 5 on your two other pairs?My problem was I bought the shoes abroad and cannot have them replaced back home.

The most annoying thing is the reply from Asics which is basically "we cannot help you" end of story.

Had almost the same problem with Asics GT2000 3 but didn't bother doing a complaint back then.The Asics GT2000 4 is working perfect still though.