After 15 months, my Asics running shoes fell apart.I'm a very casual runner and I don't ever run more than 3miles.

My hand goes through the top, like a puppet sock! The outer stitching is unthreading on both shoes. I have Nikes that lasted 12+ years and are 100% intact. After I emailed Asics and was advised to mail them in, they waited a month to throw them back in my face and said "Too Bad".

Why does Asics advertise "high quality products" on their website??

These shoes are HIGH QUALITY JUNK, and after being loyal since 1988 I am saying TOO BAD to you Asics, LOST CUSTOMER for LIFE.Thank you SCOTT OLSON in Customer Relations for helping me make a wise decision!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 20 No 20
Had the same issue 35 Yes 35
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 27 #1204499 Wilmington, Delaware

As people have previously stated, running shoes only last 6-8 months, whether you are walking or exercising. Miles are miles, it does not matter what speed you are going. Running shoes are not built to last years, they actually should never experience a birthday as we say. That being said Asics has a shallower toe box than other brands and people often break through the top bc their foot hits the top. If you are wearing through the mesh, try another brand. It's not the brand that's bad, it's the combination of your foot and that shoe.

0 0 Reply
mr. stinky

May 26 #1164747 Haikou, Hainan

bought a pair of gel-cumulus 15 online.
arrived yesterday, went out for a quick
run..........1.5 miles, about ten minutes.
3 of the black sole pieces on one shoe
fell off. crazy.
these were to replace my last pair of asics that lasted 2-1/2 years before bits of sole began to fall off. well, back to new balance!

0 0 Reply

Jan 25 #1100690

Asics gt2000 3 .
Sizing is a problem, no support as in
Previous Gt 2000.
Got blisters after 2 times.
I'm not even running anymore, just 3 mile fast walk.
Low quality...have to look for another model..probably done with asics... $120 ...scam...

1 0 Reply

Dec 04, 2015 #1073658

I bought a pair of Asics for $155 for running. After 1 month, 3 runs the rubber on the bottom is leterally falling off! 3 peice fell of in my last run. This is not quality!

Nov 09, 2015 #1060637 Johannesburg, Gauteng

I ran the Soweto marathon last week. I had bought a new nimbus 17 10 days before the race and I used it for 9 days to familiarize it with my feet. During the race I enjoyed the shoe and I found it quite amazing but as I ran faster, I felt uncomfortable heat on the ball of my feet, especialy right one. Is there anything wrong with the shoe?

1 0 Reply

Oct 17, 2015 #1049903

I bought two pair of Asics. Despite the fact that both were highly rated by customers as well as by the 'experts' they were defective, i.e. had manufacturing defects. One pair developed a ridge immediately under the ball of my left foot that caused an injury that took a month to heal.

3 0 Reply

Sep 29, 2015 #1040813 Vibhavari Society, Gujarat

My name is Tatum Gaja My son is playing from Gujarat Cricket Association u/23 he purchased shoes asics model asics gel 200 not out from mantra in March 2015 he started using it from June but just one month of use sole of the shoes tored being such a reputed company it is not good plz advise what to do

Sep 29, 2015 #1040983

Asics are horrific, they are cheaply made and not cheap. Contact customer service asap for replacement, they will charge you for shipping , greedy greedy

1 2 Reply

Jun 03, 2015 #991207

Bought Asics GT-3000 at Nordstrom Rack. After 3 months of use mostly in gym and mostly for lifting weights (a couple of running sessions), black sole pieces started peeling off. I lost a couple so I can't even glue back other pieces that I managed to find in the gym. Shoes were manufactured 2.5 yrs ago meaning Asics won't honor the warranty.
Why warranty is not from the date of purchase instead of manufacture? How can I know shoes are already outside warranty?
So disappointing...

6 0 Reply

May 04, 2015 #979821

15 months??? How long would you expect shoes to last?
If you have shoes that lasted 12+ years, you have shoes that have sat in a box for 12 years.

7 5 Reply

Jun 03, 2015 #991369

The warranty is 24MONTHS bloke

2 4 Reply

Feb 21, 2015 #948984 Grand Rapids, Michigan

And this is what they said ''in a nut shell'' I complained about the $100 shoes that I bought in grand rapids, mi.I shopped extensively looking for a wide sole shoe for my wider foot.
I received blisters many times, as I felt (and expressed) that the company Asics so lower there standards that there was no longer any back on the shoe with which to secure your foot with. I will say that I did have to add an insole as
shoe manufacturers further cut costs by omitting proper foot support and in an effort to promote their cottage industry insoles (sold separately) I will further admit that (the supposed) the customer service vp (which is the ONLY direct email I could find) offered to replace (which I did not want) ''IF" I would pay shipping on them to ship to Asics. I declined saying I would rather throw them away, and that it was ridiculous that I paid 100 dollars for ***, and could have gotten the same quality (AND DID) from Walmart for $20, to which he replied (and I paraphrase) you need to spend at least $125.00 to get a good pair of shoes. Now this occurred almost 2 years ago.
WHY AM I BLOGGING NOW(?) simple.I tripped over them in my closet this morning and got angry all over again.

4 1 Reply

Feb 13, 2015 #945480

I had the same kind of pre-mature falling apart problem that the original poster here had. The whole in the top of my shoe was about big enough to stick my thumb through. I had the shoe for seven months. I read all of the posts here before calling Asics, prepared for the worst. They sent me an email with info on their return policy and a number for an account they opened to handle the return as well as an attachment of their policy, which allows for a return within two years. I was told to take my shoes to the store where I bought the shoes and explain that I was told that this policy overrides the store 90 day return policy and they should be able to make an exchange there at the store. I did and they did! I was able to make the exchange for the same shoe and better. The shoe was on sale and I got the difference of the sale price credited to me, which paid for new socks too.

9 0 Reply

Feb 01, 2015 #939479

I bought a pair of Asics cross trainers for my daily walks on vacation..they lasted less than thirty days! Are unwearable..the fabric inside the heel has shredded into little pill balled holes...I have NEVER had a pair of shoes fall apart in a month! Talk about I'm trying to use tape to hold them together, or forego my daily walks.

Irish Jay

Jan 30, 2015 #938926 Mechanicsville, Virginia

15 months? Even as a casual runner you got more than enough life out of those shoes.

10 3 Reply
F U Asics

Jan 31, 2015 #938995 Ohio, United States

With a 2 year warranty is what's the matter..try any other quality brand, you won't see those holes for 5+ years or more

3 4 Reply

Feb 21, 2015 #948787

Well, those were ASICS, not another brand, so moot point. Buy another brand if you want 5 years. Problem solved! Ta-da!

5 4 Reply

Jan 25, 2015 #936028 Cleveland, Ohio

I'd rather run in shoes made of 2liter coke bottles than waste my money on ASICS. The customer service is the " got your money already, spit in your face" approach, classless and unprofessional and don't adhere to warranties.

5 3 Reply
Done with Asics

Jan 24, 2015 #935787

I recently contacted the "customer service" because the shoes I purchased had pieces of the sole falling off. I've had the shoes for about two years, hardly use them, run on the treadmill a couple times a week but I'm not very consistent with my work out so they probably have less than 6 months worth of medium use.
They asked me for some codes from the shoes & told me they were 4 years old & can't do anything. I bought them at an Asics store in FL so apparently they have a warehouse full of old shoes.
No help, no concern on their part & no more Asics for me.

7 2 Reply

Feb 21, 2015 #948788

See, there's the problem -- you hardly used the shoes, so you're probably too fat for them. Start working out more often, you'll lose weight, then you'll see less wear and tear on your shoes. (It's kind of like how buses have bigger break pads than compact cars.)

2 9 Reply

1-20 of 38 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.