2.4

I and members of the running club I belong too have all noticed the drop off in Asics running shoes over the last year or so. Still a great shoe otherwise regarding fit, out of the box and running comfort, look etc but the inner heel mesh has started to wear very quickly to the point of then making the shoe prone to cause blisters where the plastic heel cup then protrudes. We are now all trying a different pair of shoes in parallel for a comparison and depending on the results, unless Asics get there act together, will be permanently swapping our shoes provider for 2018 (which would be a great shame as I have loved this manufacturers shoes for over 20 years!)

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Mail order service, Use to be my and others go to running shoe, Were great shoes.

I didn't like: Cheapening of product quality.

Comments

Same thing here in Montréal, Canada. Bought Asics shoes model GT-2000 in April 2017.

Now in March 2018 and the inner heel mesh is worn out. I found out after a run when I ended up with a quarter-sized blister and a bloody sock. I am an occasional runner and never used the shoes in wet conditions. I paid $170 Canadian dollars.

Now how cheap is that for shoes... Glad for them if they made more profit out this pair of shoes, but that's it for me with Asics.

Going to the competitors. My 3 teens and wife also while we are at it.

Same problem for a pair I bought in the US. Inner heel lining has worn through even though they are lightly used.

ASICS Australia won’t help because they were purchased overseas, and ASICS US warranty do not reply to the warranty claim. Have never had this problem with Nike, Saucony or new balance running shoes I’ve had the last 10 or more years.

same problem with Asics shoes in south Africa. Asics don't respond to the complaints and the blame is the consumer with excuses of toe nails.